The Quaker School House
|Peter Lossing valued education and he taught school in his own house during
the early settlement around Norwich.
William Hulet, step-son of Peter Lossing, was the first teacher in the
township; school was opened in the fall of 1812 in a small log house on
the bank of the Otter. Attendance was 15.
The Quaker School House on the museum grounds is a restoration project for the future.